...we are the only outfitter permitted to rent kayaks on the lake.
|Paddle near icebergs, arctic tern nesting cliffs, giant waterfalls, and enjoy incredible views of Mendenhall Glacier from your kayak! We give you the necessary gear and information to guide yourself and create your own adventure. This is our most popular self-guided rental package so reserve this trip early!
Package Cost: $119 per person plus 5% local sales tax (no child rates)
Trip Duration: Approximately 4.5 hours roundtrip (3 hours of paddling on Mendenhall Lake)
Trip Highlights: Paddling near icebergs, close-up views of Mendenhall Glacier & water falls
Trip Rating: Easy to Moderate - Previous paddling experience required
- 1/2 hour - Van pick up in downtown and transport to kayak shop
- 1/2 hour - Gear orientation and outfitting
- 15 minutes - Transport to Mendenhall Lake from kayak shop
- 15 minutes - Safety briefing and demo at lake
- 3 hours - Self-guided paddle on Mendenhall Lake
- 1/2 hour - Pick up by van at lake and transport back to downtown
Included in price:
- Roundtrip van transport from downtown Juneau
- Safety briefing & orientation
- Single or tandem sea kayak
- Sprayskirt, life jacket, bilge pump, & paddle float
- Rubber boots & rain gear
- Light snack & bottled water (we prefer you bring your own reusable water bottle on trip)
- Map of Mendenhall Lake
You Bring: Comfortable clothing and shoes, camera, sunglasses, and sunscreen.
♦ Family Friendly Adventure